Tuesday, January 24, 2006


Update on my first book

I have been asked for an update on my book. Okay. I set a goal of a 50,000 word novel by May, 2006. (first draft) Assuming that is by the end of may 2006 that makes the final day May 31, 2006. Okay. From Jan first to may 31 is: 151 days. That works out to 331.12582 words a day. I will round up and call it 332 words a day (so that is 50,132 words. Whoop! Big difference).


Therefore, by today, January. 24, 2006 I should have around 7,968 words.

How close am I?

So far I am on word one. So I am -7,967 words so far. Way to go! (unless you count the poetry I wrote and there is the serious possibility that my novel may actually end up as a poetry chapbook.)

In any case I have been WAY lagging!
Man, I should have lied and said “oh, it is coming along nicely!” Or maybe I should have said “A muffin. What I really need is a muffin.”

1 Comments:

Blogger Doah said...

I haven't laughed that hard in awhile. Nice photo, nice "Adaptation" reference. Thanks for that! Hey, at least you're honest, now go and start writing. Here you go: "Once upon a time . . . " or has that been tried before?

10:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home