Monday, January 02, 2006


1-02-05

For the new year I have set the goal of writting a book. I have set a time line of four months from now to finish the first draft. I am not saying I will write the Great American Novel (whatever that is). I am not even saying it is going to be a good book. Hell, it maybe unreadable! All I am saying is it will be a book. I have goal for the book's length at 50,000 words. How did I come up with that length? I pulled it outta my butt. Well. The first draft will be done in May. I figured that I have to start somewhere and that although my first book is bound to be crap I cannot move onto the next book until I have completed the first one.

Genre? Haven't decided. Plot? Yeah, right. Plan? Only to write at least two pages a day. Characters? HA!

Let the madnes begin!

Mike

4 Comments:

Blogger Doah said...

Audacious goal. How about something a little less daring like my 2006 goal: "Try at least one menu item at Pink's that I've not eaten before."

3:30 PM  
Blogger Tony said...

Here is a suggestion for your book: it should be a sweeping epic with the great State of Minnesota as the backdrop, because if any location deserves to have a sweeping epic written about it, its Minnesota. The plot could be about a beautiful young lady who is involved in an unfortunate ice fishing accident. Her fate lies in the hands of her dashing suitor who must transport her accross Minnesota to the Mayo Clinic, via a sled dog team, to save her life. Pulitzer Prize: Guaranteed.

4:33 PM  
Blogger Mike Pena said...

LMAO! Tony, I have missed you

6:28 PM  
Blogger Doah said...

Hey, Mike, how the heck is that book coming. 120 days between January 1 and April 30, and you said 50,000 words by May. By my calculations that is 416 words per day and it's the 22nd so that should be 9,152 words, give or take! Give us an updated post.

9:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home