Sunday, February 24, 2008

Mostly google-sculpted poem about food, sex and poetry

I have the awful feeling that I can’t write anymore
Haven’t you ever noticed once you start eating tacos,
all you can think about is more tacos?

I know that i am a bullshit writer
I have a real problem with food,
I overeat at times and feel that
I cannot stop once I've started.

Wait. No. Lust is more serious than other vices
on the list such as pride, envy, and apathy;
but it is considerably more serious than gluttony.

There is no pot of gold at the end of that rainbow.
Lie #1: Sex creates intimacy. I told you I am a
bullshit writer. Throw some emotion and vices
on the page. Free your mind! Poetry is sure to follow!

Lies your teacher told you: There is no bad writing--
only unfinished revision. Lie #2: Starting sex early
in a relationship will help you get to know one another
and become better partners later.

According to Wyler-Feldman,
parental separation most often manifests itself
in atrocious poems about isolation and anger.

Which sin is worse?

1 Comments:

Blogger Doah said...

Mike, good to see you writing again. This one is fantastic, makes me realize that you have many more in you and you should get them out!

11:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home